Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Surgery Date

Well, I just got my surgery date today.  February 27th.  All of a sudden it seems so "real" and I'm very nervous, but I'm sure that's normal.  I told my boss and I got the "Are you really sure you want to do this?"  Ugh.  I know she just cares about me.  I don't think I'm going to tell anyone else (other than my husband & kids) for a little while.  I still need time to process all of this. 

How did you feel when you got your surgery date?  Mixed emotions?  Second guessing? or just pure elation?

6 comments:

  1. OMG! Congratulations! I was so excited and totally scared . . .mostly of the unknown . . .I didn't know what I didn't know. I waited for the day to come and then it came rushing like a runaway train. BUT, it was best decision I ever made. It's a journey, for sure. And I had the most amazing pre-op experience. My weight loss center team was fabulous. Hope yours is too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! We have a great weight and wellness center here. I actually work for the hospital where I am having the surgery. Kind of weird, but I know I'm in good hands. I have one more appt with the Nutritionist, Psychologist, and pre-op H&P. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My entire experience from the decision to have surgery to the actual surgery date was about three weeks so I didn't have a lot of time to feel much of anything except for excitement. I wasn't nervous and didn't second guess myself at all which I took as a rather loud sign that I was 100% ready for it and I have had ZERO regrets since (which has been 11 months now). Good luck to you and I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and your well wishes! It's nice to know I'll have people rooting for me!

      Delete
  4. Hey Christine! You're getting closer to your date. :-) How are you doing? Email me anytime at kas071@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns. Good luck!! See you on the other side. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine! How are you doing? Your surgery date has passed and I'm hoping that all is well. :-)

    ReplyDelete